Close to home
At The Willows, we provide a personal and familiar setting for individuals who don’t require the full services of long-term care. Our tobacco-free Secure Assisted Living residence at Family Health West is a protected community with 24 studio apartments for individuals with Alzheimer’s, dementia, confusion, and related disorders.
The Willows uses a social-model approach offering a comfortable environment with meaningful activities and pleasant surroundings where stimulation, wellness, and fun are the focal points. We utilize a functional-maintenance concept of care. This means we are committed to keeping each of our residents functioning independently as long as possible in the areas of daily self-care such as bathing, dressing, grooming, etc.
Care is provided to assist the resident to reverse declines if possible and to improve or maintain the highest level of functioning.
At The Willows, our mission is to provide a physically and emotionally safe environment that will enrich the quality of life for our residents while providing peace of mind for their families. Dealing with the issues surrounding Alzheimer’s and dementia is difficult and demanding for everyone involved. At The Willows, we understand the special needs of our residents and their families. We incorporate a caring and nurturing environment into a dignified and comfortable residential setting. Each private apartment has a bath and living/bedroom area with bay window. Common areas include dining room, living room, hobby room, activity area, patio, and sun room. Residents also enjoy bird watching in our unique aviary.
Each resident receives personal attention and assistance with the following:
Residents enjoy individualized one-on-one attention.
- A nurse is on staff and available on call 24 hours a day. This can avert an unnecessary trip to the ER or doctor’s office; and because we have a nurse on staff, we can work closely with Hospice if the need arises.
- A dietitian plans healthful menus for snack and meal times.
- Residents enjoy social activities seven days a week such as outings, cookouts, theme dinners, entertainment, dancing, and pet visits.
- Our staff members are qualified to administer medications, are First Aid certified, and many have CNA experience.
- FHW transportation is available for scheduled medical appointments, shopping, and special outings.
- The Willows is conveniently located near Family Health West’s hospital, emergency department and extended care services.