Are you looking for a reason to get started with yoga? Well, look no further because we have five easy reasons to get you started!
- Mental Health – Regular yoga practice can help manage stress, improve sleep, and energy, which all have a positive impact on your mental health.
- Flexibility – Yoga poses often focus on the flexibility of joints and muscles. Practicing poses at the right level of intensity or difficulty can offer pain management for those suffering with chronic aches and pains. In addition, improved flexibility can offer injury prevention when your muscles and joints are prepared for a healthy range of motion.
- Strength & Balance – Yoga poses that challenge you to hold your body in different positions can improve both strength and balance. This is beneficial for injury prevention and ease of performing desired activities from household chores all the way to athletic competition.
- Decreased Blood Pressure – As a result of stress management, improved fitness levels, breathing techniques, and potential weight loss, yoga has the potential to lower and manage high blood pressure. This is very important to reduce cardiovascular disease risk.
- Teaches Mindfulness – The ripple effect of the previously mentioned benefits leads to improved mindfulness. Yoga teaches you to focus on your breath, listen to your body, and be present for the here and now. When we are more mindful we are more likely to make healthier choices throughout the day for our optimal wellness.
Check out this website on yoga for more information.
By: Kara Griffith, EP